Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

CigarCyclopedia Top Retailers

CigarCyclopedia has announced their top ten retailers.

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (Sept. 8, 2009) – In the closest finish in the history of CigarCyclopedia.com’s Retailer Report, Quality Fresh Cigars (CigarFox.com) of Troy, Michigan scored 92.8 points out of a possible 100 to top the 2009 Rankings list. Only 1.4 points separated the top four finishers and each of the past five rankings has seen a different retailer in the No. 1 spot. CigarCyclopedia.com editor-in-chief, Rich Perelman, measures online cigar retailers across the U.S. in brand pricing, breadth of product, shipping and a new category, availability of real-time inventory.

The Top Ten Cigar Retailers are:

1. Quality Fresh Cigars (CigarFox.com) of Troy, Michigan — Dan Jenuwine’s family has been retailing cigars since 1946 and began a mail-order operation as the cigar boom hit its height in 1996. The site reports sales of more than 50 million cigars a year and previously finished 25th in the 2006 and 2007 ranking list.
CW News Entry

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #2
KatDad
Herf God

Probably 95% of my purchases over the years are from three of the top five, CI, FSS and JR.
In my experience all three top five finishes are well deserved.

Way to go!

Keep up the good work!

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:36 AM   #3
Smokestack Jack
Herf God

JR, Serious, and Famous are my "goto" online dealers.

They always have what I want in stock. Good prices. Never had a problem with any of my orders from any of them.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
laststandchili

CI/C-Bid by a wide margin. Then a mix of Holts, JRs, CigarPlace, with some Cuban Crafters and New Havana Cigars thrown in when I'm feeling saucy.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
JerseyDevil65
Rangers Superfan
Herf Meister

I think Customer Service should be used as a guideline as well, to me its more important than price. I had a problem with 2 of the Top 10 on that list (Atlantic and Best Cigar Prices) and was treated so badly that they will never get my business ever again, I don't care how good the prices are.
JerseyDevil65 is offline   Reply With Quote