Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 12-09-2021, 04:00 PM   #1
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

How dedicated are you...

How dedicated a cigar smoker are you?

Currently 25 degrees out, only smoking areas are outside in all glass enclosed areas with no heat.

Would you still smoke a cigar in those conditions?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 04:20 PM   #2
KatDad
Herf God

That's too cold for me.

I smoke in the garage during the winter, but it is well insulated and rarely goes below freezing even when it's in the teens or even single digits outside. I wear a Carhart hooded jacket and have a small space heater that keeps things reasonably comfortable.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 07:00 PM   #3
ak2000
Charter Member
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbauerllc View Post
How dedicated a cigar smoker are you?

Currently 25 degrees out, only smoking areas are outside in all glass enclosed areas with no heat.

Would you still smoke a cigar in those conditions?

Nope, I only smoke indoors or in the car when it's cold.
JLOH #19
ak2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 07:19 PM   #4
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

I did a decade ago, but not anymore. Used to huddle under a thick blanket with a heating bad on the deck. Cold nough that if you left your lighter on the table, you'd have to warm it up in your hand before it would ignite.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 07:20 AM   #5
tonycsmoke
Club Member

Several years ago I would do that no matter the weather. One time I was watching hockey on my laptop. It was below 10 degrees and my laptop shut off. Apparently it can be too cold for even a laptop. Another time during a freak snowstorm with minus 20 with the wind chill I smoked a small cigar.

Now I have a ventilated mancave with heat.
Old 12-10-2021, 07:47 AM   #6
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycsmoke View Post
Several years ago I would do that no matter the weather. One time I was watching hockey on my laptop. It was below 10 degrees and my laptop shut off. Apparently it can be too cold for even a laptop. Another time during a freak snowstorm with minus 20 with the wind chill I smoked a small cigar.

Now I have a ventilated mancave with heat.
Nice. Never had a man cave for cigar smoking, just on for all my antique and curio and relic guns from every conflict the US has ever been in, along wit pictures, medals, gear, etc from each conflict and framed newspaper front pages announcing the start of each conflict, even the revolutionary war

I smoked in my recliner in the living room since the ex-wife actually liked the smell of cigar smoke

Old 12-10-2021, 09:08 AM   #7
bipolar
Club Member

I usually don't go outside to smoke when it's too terribly cold out. Just takes away from the good experience. And I don't have a man-cave, so all I can do is open the humis, take a big whiff and look forward to better weather. Fixin' to relocate though so I'm gonna transform the garage into an outside smoking location!
Old 12-12-2021, 05:55 AM   #8
tonycsmoke
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbauerllc View Post
Nice. Never had a man cave for cigar smoking, just on for all my antique and curio and relic guns from every conflict the US has ever been in, along wit pictures, medals, gear, etc from each conflict and framed newspaper front pages announcing the start of each conflict, even the revolutionary war

I smoked in my recliner in the living room since the ex-wife actually liked the smell of cigar smoke

That sounds like a cool room. Probably best not to smoke in what is essentially a very cool ammo depot.
Old 12-10-2021, 02:46 PM   #9
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

During evening cigar time its only supposed to be 17 degrees, so I think I'm going to pass on that one.

Just to cold to enjoy it even with my winter clothing ensemble.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2021, 05:46 PM   #10
dz130
Herf Meister

If it's not warm enough for me to sit outside and be completely relaxed with the temperature, it's too cold. And, the flavor does disappear when it's colder.

Now, I have done sitting out on my patio enjoying a wonderful Cuban when it was about 120 degrees when I was in Saudi. It was evening, and I had a nice ice-cold, home made adult beverage with some friends joining me.

Finally out of the sandbox.

If I say Corona, I ain't talking beer.

RIP Ed Toner
dz130 is offline   Reply With Quote