Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
Rconectn
Club Member

Miami weather...high humidity 2nd pt.

From my original post the humidity in my humidor rises +5% around 72%-74% this happens when I turn off my central air in my house and open the windows. Now, since I live in Miami, the relative humidity in the air is already 70% on any given day. According to Rob G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob G
A change in temperature can cause a change in the RH. But, the RH goes down as the temperature rises and vice versa. So, I'm not sure if that would explain the differences you are seeing.
The complete opposite happens in both my humidors. So this leds me to believe that this hypothesis is wrong. When the air conditioning is off and my windows are open letting the moist Miami air inside my house the internal temp in my humidor rises and also the humidity. I can actually feel how the cigars get wet when the temp rises along with the humidity, the cigars begin to lose there firmness and get "soggy." How can I stop this from happening. This Miami air is so moist sometimes that the tile inside my house begins to get wet from the moisture in the air. I've actually moved my humidors from the top of my dresser to my closet floor hopeing that the cooler temp in my closet would stabilize the temp and keep the internal temp in the humidor cooler there for lowering the humidity. But to no avail, the moisture in the outside air is causing these crazy fluctuations in my humidor. I need some serious advice here!!!!