Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
Peterg

Cigar Oasis Help

Well guys, i've finally taken the coolerdor plunge. so i washed out the cooler, and put some SC boxes in there. I have a cigar oasis xl and i set it to 70% and threw it in the box. now it is my understanding that with CO will continue to humidify until the RH reaches the set point and then when the RH dips again, it should turn on again. well anyways i open up the cooler this morning to get a few smokes out, and my digital hygro shows the RH at like 50, and the CO's fan is not on. I don't now if i'm using it right, and could really just use a little help as to how this thing works. it says if i push the button all the way to the right, it should show the RH just before i opened the humi, and that shows a RH close to what my hygro is showing. why is the fan not turning on? does it have anything to do with me using the unit on batteries rather than AC power?

any help would be great guys
Old 03-04-2007, 12:04 PM   #2
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Re: Cigar Oasis Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterg
does it have anything to do with me using the unit on batteries rather than AC power?
Try it with the AC power and if it works then you'll know the problem is the batteries.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:29 PM   #3
Peterg

Re: Cigar Oasis Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterg
does it have anything to do with me using the unit on batteries rather than AC power?
Try it with the AC power and if it works then you'll know the problem is the batteries.
interestingly enough, right after i posted this, i re-read the owners manual, and it says that on battery power, the CO only samples the RH once every 5 minutes, whereas on A/C power it checks every few seconds. on A/C now its holding nice and solid at 65%. this is by far the best humidifier i have ever seen even though it's wicked expensive. i'm happy with it though