Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2004, 09:10 PM   #1
Seizure

Sancho Panza Double Maduro - Quixote

In my search for the great Budget Smoke to hand out to friends during a gathering I picked up a Sancho Panza in Double Maduro, Quixote size from my local tinder box after hearing good things about it. Let it rest for 2 weeks in my humi.

Construction
Very nice. Smooth dark, very oilywrapper, no veins, perfectly square pressed. No split foot. Good Cap

Smoking It.
The first few draws were a bit harsh and stung a bit. I was worried because it's a double maduro, and because of the harshness this was going to be a strong powerhouse of a cigar that was going to leave me on the floor, green and nauseous. After another 1/2 " the flavors still stayed a bit harsh, strong and stung the back of my tongue. I was wondering if I either got a bad cigar, or just couldn't taste the different flavors because of my newbie pallate as this is what the cigar was suppose to taste like. Finally after about 2 inches into the cigar, the flavors finally came out. It had a very deep maduro taste along the lines of a Padron 2000, with a bit of that burnt gingerbread spice taste. However even during this, there was still spicy bitter taste on the pallate. Right then I felt like ashing it and cutting my losses as I can feel a bit of a nicotine buzz and was beginning to picture myself hugging the floor in a desperate attempt to not fall off of it. But I pressed onwards.

The Last 2 inches were a bit better. More chocolate maduro taste with the gingerbread spice again, but this time more predominant and with less of a spicy tinge. Perhaps by now, my pallate has grown accustomed to it. Throughout all this the burn was good, and the cigar smoked fairly hot.

Overall, this probably isn't the budget smoke I was looking for, nor will it be the smoke I pass out to inexperienced friends, who will definatley not appreciate the spicy, bitter tones of the cigar. Perhaps it is because of my newbie pallate, or perhaps it's just the simple fact that I just do not like this cigar because of my personal taste.

So far only the Consuerga has passed as my budget smoke of choice to hand out to friends.
Seizure is offline   Reply With Quote