Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #9
Ted
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob G View Post
There's no doubt that they are making a profit. But I would be hard pressed to buy the usual 5 cigars sent, including shipping, for $30. I certainly couldn't go to a local tobacconist and pay anything close - not with NY taxes. The Cigar of the Month Club is great because I get a variety of great cigars for a good price. Yes, if I bought boxes of all of the cigars the per stick price would be less. But for a 5 pack, the price is certainly right. This is the first time that I was disappointed with one of the cigars sent. Even with that cigar the price was fair. If I find that I don't think the club is worth the price I can always cancel.
I do agree Rob. Generally speaking, Holt's COTMC is a decent deal overall. Especially compared to B+M prices. But there will obviously be months where the selections will be more mundane and with lower value items. These are needed to offset those months with great selections - like you received in December.

My point was that MSRP is not really a fair base point for assigning value. To me it's just some odd number that the marketing geeks have assigned. But if nobody ever pays that price, why bother using it?
Ted is offline   Reply With Quote