Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2005, 07:41 PM   #1
tchapchap
Contributing Editor
Club Member

La Gloria Cubana Wavell Maduro

La Gloria Cubana Wavell Maduro

5 inch x 50 ring Robusto
Shape: Parejo
Wrapper: Ecuador
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Dominican Republic, Nicaragua
Origin: El Credito, Miami
Info: HERE

This vitola has rested in the humidor at 65% RH since I purchased it in November of 2004 from El Credito in Miami's Little Havana. The aging did wonders for this already good cigar.

Pre-light features included a subtly spicy dry grain aroma. The bunch was properly compliant and rolled in a rough binder. This was apparent because the soft textured, medium brown wrapper leaf was burdened with lumps and bumps. This detracted from the overall appearance of the cigar but did not affect its performance.

I used a punch on this cigar because it was the first thing I grabbed. The pre-light draw was excellent, surprising due to what became apparent later. Lighting was accomplished without incident and the cigar burned well albeit somewhat uneven. No wonder! A sizable stem ran from just inside the foot three quarters of the way to the cap! It's a testament to the rollers art that this particular cigar had a proper draw. The medium coarse, dark gray ash was quite sturdy due in part to that stem I'm sure. Fortunately the overall smoking experience was not marred by this situation.

This is a medium to full flavor, medium body vitola of medium strength. Flavors during the first two-thirds included semi-sweet spice with a pleasing hint of bitters, nuts and leather. A long, satiny smooth finish with just the right amount of spice complemented this. Straight ahead toasted tobacco graced the last third right to the finger-burning nub.

These are terrific cigars and I would recommend them to anyone liking a fuller smoke.

Thanks for reading my review!

(___|CW|_______))))~~~~

(unauthorized use of signature prohibited )
tchapchap is offline   Reply With Quote