Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2007, 04:13 AM   #1
Broken

You just can't out-give good cigar folks.

I've pretty much documented how well the few purchases I have made from board members have went, and they have went embarassingly well for me.

Last week I was at a fairly new cigar lounge in the area and bought a few things and noticed a few people sitting around smoking and drinking beer, the owner said people just bring their beer certain nights and he's all for it.

Well I had a couple hours to kill last night so I went down hoping that would be the case, but no beer in sight. I decided I was still gonna stay and smoke a cigar. I brought a cigar I wanted to smoke, but still bought two from his humidor because I thought it the right thing to do.

The owner offers me a cup of coffee, which in lieu of beer is the next best choice in my opinion, I gladly accept the coffee and he then comes at me with a bottle of whiskey to "liven" up my coffee, again I GLADLY accept.

Spent just short of two hours enjoying a cigar, coffee and great conversation and since the discussion involved Opus X cigars I though I would gift him one that I had with me. I gave it to the boss thinking it was a reasonable gift in return for the conversation, coffee and whiskey that he didn't charge me for.

I was not getting out of that store until he grabbed something from his humidor to gift back at me, it wasn't negotiable either.

One day I am certain I will give to someone and get less back in return, last night was not that night, again.

What is it with cigar smokers and why can't the rest of the world think at least a little like them, it would be a better world.

Proud member of the 2007 Robusto 8
Broken is offline   Reply With Quote