Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2019, 05:38 PM   #11
jeepdad
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
Not sure youd want this one, Dan. The squash and the aromatics leeched out so much moisture that it took the egg binder into the casserole dish with it. The stuffing was soggy, the parmesan never got crispy, and to my mind, it was a total failure. I know what I did wrong and how to fix it. Haste makes waste. We choked our way through it. The flavor was good, but the texture sucked.

I will say that if you go to a thrift store and see the Junior League, plastic spiral bound cookbooks, buy them. All of them contain old home recipes that are proven and you aren't likely to find anything like them anywhere. Through marriage and collecting, I've ammassed about 30 of them from across the South and they are worth their weight in whatever you value. This was not one of those recipes, but it was a quickie riff on it.

Roger. I agree I have several of those type cookbooks and enjoy them.
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote