Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2007, 09:25 AM   #1
Nekotaku

Sharpening a cutter.

I used my previous cutter for about two years, but just before new year replaced it with another one of the same model. Today I was playing around with the old one while looking at some C++ code (-just added that to sound less stupid-) when I snapped one of the blades out. Yeah, don't laugh, I didn't know you could do that. At least I didn't think my cheap cutter would let me do this.
So now I'm wondering: any good techniques for sharpening the blades? It would be nice to keep it as a backup. It's the reason I kept it anyway... well, that and swishing it around in my hand to look stylish. It doesn't matter if I ruin this one.

Oh yeah, I did search for this topic, but haven't read anything really useful. Don't advise I get a Xikar, I doubt the brand is at all represented in this backwater country at the end of the world (Belgium).