Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2023, 08:11 PM   #1
awesome1
Club Member

Johnny O WF Lancero Mar 2020

Just a quick review on this one. I wasn't really planning to do a review but it was so good I had to give it a little praise.

These are custom rolls from the island. Just unbanded bundles and the date is the date I received them.

Light chocolate oily wrapper. Well constructed but a little on the soft side would be my only complaint. Makes me have to puff a little faster but not really an issue for me.
1st 1/2 was medium bodied. Started off with pepper, cedar and some slightly creamy nutty notes.
2nd 1/2 is where this really started to shine. Flavors intensified, long finish on the lips and pallet of mostly pepper with some cedar thrown in. That creamy nutty note is still there in the background as well. My guess is the fact that I have to puff so often is making this a bit more on the peppery side of things.
Last 3rd and had to relight. relight puff was like a habanero pepper blast. Must have been the leaf that I lit or something because it was gone on the next puff and it mellowed out a lot. Same basic components all the way through but gradually intensifying as you go along. Burnt fingers and lips and still didn't want to put it down. In a few more years I suspect these will be a lot better. they definitely have all the right stuffing.

Last edited by awesome1; 09-02-2023 at 02:24 AM.
awesome1 is offline   Reply With Quote