Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
Peterg

ANOTHER bead question (desktop humidor)

Ok, so I just came back from 2 Guys, figuring I'd grab a couple smokes, and just sit down and relax for a bit. Well being the impulse buyer that I am, I saw a jar of humidifying beads they were selling and I grabbed one. These aren't Climaxx brand, but the guy told me they were the same type of thing. They are kind of a clear jelly-like sustance. On the jar it says to keep them in the jar with the lid off, and when they shrunk down below a certain line, add water till they get bigger again. Simple enough. The only problem is that this jar is kind of big for the small desktop I am currently using. It's about a 40 count box, and the jar is about 2 inches in diameter and about 2 inches tall. I did search the forums, and I saw that some people ripped the foam out of the credo that comes with most of these cheap humidors and filled it with the beads but some people said it wasn't enough beads. My question is do you think that is enough beads in my case? The credo is about 1.5 inches in diameter and about an inch thick. Thanks in advance guys...

Peter G
Peterg is offline   Reply With Quote