Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2023, 09:54 AM   #1
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

2013 Lou Rodriguez Edicion Reserva Torpedo

Specifications:
Purchase date: 2013
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper Color: Maduro
Wrapper type: Mexican San Andreas Negro
Filler: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Vitola: Torpedo, Box Pressed (6.5x54)
Manufacturer: Lou Rodriguez Cigars
Distributor: Lou Rodriguez Cigars
Factory: Lou Rodriguez Cigars – Esteli, Nicaragua
Humidimeter 65%
Current Production: Unknown, but doubtful
Price: $10.00 (original)

Environment:

Temperature: 29 degrees
Humidity: 80%
Wind: N/A

Setting: My regular spot in the little, outdoor smoke shack.

Paired with: Iced coffee

A coarse, dark, Mexican San Andreas Negro maduro wrapper with only 1 small, thin vein visible, very visible seams, and a rough, uneven, short to medium length cap. An evenly firm bunch, and an overall somewhat attractive cigar.

A slightly uneven burn throughout the length, but not enough to need correction. Flat coal, and a strong grey ash. Draw was very easy.
Excellent smoke volume with cool, smooth smoke and a strong, fragrant floral and herbal aroma.

Excellent richness and body, generous, perfectly balanced floral, woody and herbal flavors, and a mild-medium strength.

A medium strength aftertaste/finish of medium length, of an herbal, woody and floral taste.

SUMMARY:

Cigar Review- Lou Rodriguez Maduro Edicion Reserva

BY THE KATMAN on JULY 22, 2012
(Note: his was a Churchill)

“The cigar is entering the last half and it is burning on all 6 cylinders. Loads of flavor. More of a medium/full body emerging and a nice even burn. No touch ups required.

The final third is pretty much the same. No major shifts occurred. But that’s OK. I enjoyed the hell out of this cigar and blend. I think anyone can enjoy this cigar. It’s a good blend for beginners who are ready to take their next step and a good flavorful cigar for us aficionados. I might add that while I considered the cigar delicate, the construction surprised me as it took me to the nub. There was no loose tobacco at the cap during the entire smoke. No spitting out bits of this and that.

I think anyone can enjoy this cigar. It’s a good blend for beginners who are ready to take their next step and a good flavorful cigar for us aficionados. I might add that while I considered the cigar delicate, the construction surprised me as it took me to the nub. There was no loose tobacco at the cap during the entire smoke. No spitting out bits of this and that."

Wasn’t able to find much in the way of reviews, leading me to believe that this marca was basically an unknown, and found no reviews or information past 2013, where I’m guessing it was discontinued.

For me, it was of great character, and received a great overall score of 95.

Category Scores:
Appearance/Construction___12____ 15
Burn/Draw __14_____15
Smoke volume ___10___10
Smoke character _10____10
Aroma___5___5
Flavor/Strength___15___15
Finish/Aftertaste____15___15
Summary___14____15

TOTAL___95___ 100

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote