Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Rights in America

Cigar Rights in America Discussion of smokers' rights in all 50 states.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2020, 06:48 AM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Glynn Loope Stepping Down at CRA

Glynn Loope Stepping Down at CRA
Quote:
Today, J. Glynn Loope announced that he will be stepping down as Executive Director of Cigar Rights of America (CRA) on November 4, 2020, the day after Election Day. Loope has led CRA since 2008 and is leaving to pursue other opportunities.

“It has been a privilege to champion the rights of adult consumers to enjoy a premium cigar,” said Loope. “I am very proud of the work that CRA has accomplished giving a voice to the premium cigar community at the federal, state, and local levels.”

Under Loope’s leadership, CRA’s membership has grown to include tens of thousands of adult consumers, more than 800 premium cigar retailers, and 75 manufacturers and distributors of premium cigars. Last year, CRA advocated for premium cigars in 350 Congressional offices and in 16 state legislatures. CRA continues to co-lead the litigation challenging FDA’s decision to regulate premium cigars.

***SNIP***

During the next six months, Loope will work with CRA’s Board and staff to ensure a smooth transition and CRA’s continued success. After Loope steps down this fall, he will remain a Lifetime Member of the organization.

“The important work of CRA will continue,” said Loope. “As a long-time cigar enthusiast, I look forward to continue to support CRA as a consumer. I encourage everyone who enjoys a fine cigar to protect your right to do so by becoming a member of CRA.”
I know they'll find someone else, but this is undoubtedly a blow.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote