Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
roadhawg
Contributing Editor

Need to tap the Brain Trust

Hopefully BOTLs out there will have some good ideas and/or experience to share.

We just closed on a new house with a 300 s.f. finished area above the garage. This is going to become an office for my real estate activities and my wife is ok with cigar smoking there as long as it doesn't affect the rest of the main house with odor (i.e. "aroma").

It is not connected directly to the rest of the house and is accessed by stairs leading up from inside the garage. There are two windows to the outside and directly above the room is the attic. Do you all have any ideas or recommendations on ways to make this work as a cigar room? Anything you can tell me regarding the specifics of fans, filters, air purifiers, direct or indirect venting, brand names, etc, etc would be appreciated. I don't want to spend a fortune, but figured there must be some way to make this work and assume there must be something a heck of a lot better than just the standard bathroom fart-fan, which I don't think would really do anything. Thanks in advance for sharing your collective wisdom. --RH