Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Rights in America

Cigar Rights in America Discussion of smokers' rights in all 50 states.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2023, 05:29 AM   #4
tonycsmoke
Club Member

As long as there is money involved, anti-smoking groups will continue push prohibition. For decades the fight was between tobacco companies and pharma. Once tobacco companies bowed out the fight was lopsided in favor of anti-smoking. Other than some righteous individuals nobody really gives a shit. Now, if you're pulling in a nice salary than you'll work for it.

I still recieve a email everyday with news about smoking bans. There isn't much news. Some small town proposing a ban on this beach or that beach. There just isn't the money flowing to them as it once was.

As to what the FDA plans for cigars. I try to follow it, but there is seemingly contradictory information about what they are doing, how they are going to do it and when. I know it's tied up in the courts, but I understand who benefits from the near prohibition of cigars. Vaping is easy to understand. They'll make it prohibitively expensive to bring anything to market. Tobacco companies will corner the market.