Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2002, 07:41 PM   #1
Hooko
Club Member

This was a cigar I have looked forward to trying because I like all og the AVO lines.

Prelight - Nice medium brown colored wrapper. I couldn't help but notice some large veins running throughout the wrapper. The wrapper also seemed kinked in the places where the wrapper went over the veins. This wrapper was just plain ugly.

Construction - Well made, solid, but that wrapper!! Lighting was easy.

Taste - Great taste but not strong. Sort of on the mild side of medium. A little pepper to start off with , some coffee and balsum were noticed. At the 1" mark picked up some mild vanella and some nutmeg. Half way through I noticed the flavor picked up to a medium flavor strengh when it maintained until the cigar was finished.

Ash - Light gray with specks of dark gray. Firm stayed on until the 2" mark where I tapped it off, I didn't want to mess up my pants.

Burn - Even throughout. There was never any runs which I thought would happen due to the veins in the wrapper.

Believe it or not I liked this cigar. I'd give it an 8.5 I found myself looking at thgis cigar after every puff trying to find a reason not to like this cigar, but I couldn't find one. Other than the wrapper's appearance, bit appearance isn't as important than flavor. So I guess my favorite maduros are:
CAO Belicoso - if I want a sweeter maduro

AVO #2 - for a nice meium maduro

LaLuna Maduro Fuerte Relampagos & Perdom2 Robusto - When I'm looking for a fuller more robust maduro
Hooko is offline   Reply With Quote