Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2017, 07:25 PM   #1
bigipps

Blanco Nine Torpedo (6.5×52)

I had no preconceived notions about this cigar, it being a brand I had not heard of before. (Its probably me, not them.) It is a Nicaraguan puro, with an Oscuro Corojo wrapper, Jalapa binder, and Triple Ligero fillers. It's noted that the wrapper has been aged at least three years.

On inspection, it looks like a nice cigar. It has a dark wrapper and has some small veins running through it. Its wrapped firmly and has a good spring to it. The pre-light draw was good not too easy or too tight. I didn't get a strong aroma from the pre-light draw.

During the first third, I got some coffee and wood flavors and an abundance of smoke. It smoked easy and kept a nice burn going. The ash was white and appeared strong, but was surprised when the ash fell off after an inch or so.

During the second third, the original flavors continued with the addition of a little pepper. It isn't one dimensional, but I wouldn't say it was dynamic either. I'm enjoying the easy and plentiful smoke I'm getting. I also noted a little taste of sweetness, which was pleasant.

On the third third, it's more of the same. It isn't burning hot, and am I not getting any bitterness. The flavor profile of continued, without any surprises for the end of the cigar.

Overall, an enjoyable smoke. I could see having some of these on hand.

I give it a 40 out of 50 based on:
* Appearance and Construction (4 of 5)
* Burn (4 of 5)
* Draw (5 of 5)
* Aroma (3.5 of 5)
* Flavor (8 of 10)
* Taste / Aftertaste (7.5 of 10)
* Overall Quality (8 of 10)

Last edited by bigipps; 03-13-2017 at 07:31 PM. Reason: add image link
bigipps is offline   Reply With Quote