Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2004, 06:57 AM   #1
avid toker
Club Member

Padron 6000

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on this particular vitola.

Had my first 6000 (maduro) last night while at Cigarmasters in Boston. Paid $9 for the stick although I'm sure I could have gotten this much cheaper at a local cigar store somewhere. Price not withstanding, I decided to forge ahead with a new smoking experience.

Typical of the Padron line, the wrapper was a bit rustic. Not the smoothest in the line with veins peppering the surface here and there. A pretty toothy wrapper to boot.

The tip clipped easily and pre-light draw was uneventful. Just the way I like it. Pre-light draw brought toasted tobacco and cedar to the forefront of my palate. It seemed I was in for a rather typical, yet enjoyable Padron profile. Since it was around 10pm after a long day at work, I was in the mood for a no-nonsense/low maintenance type of smoke. I'd later find that the Padron 6000 was exactly what I was looking for.

Lighting the torpedo with wooden matches proved effortless. It took to the flame as easily as gasoline would. It was almsot as if this cigar was screaming "smoke me already!" Burn and construction was impeccable. The second most razor sharp burn I've ever seen and the ash typically held on for 2 inches before I'd ash it. Left the tell-tale conical ember in the middle.

My overall impression of the smoke - smooth while incorporating wood, nuts and toasted tobacco. There were bursts of sweetness throughout typical of the maduro wrapper. Not an overly complex cigar. The smoke output was incredible. Gobs of thick chewy smoke....just how I like it.

I'd recommend everyone try this if you're a fan of the Padron line. Similar to the rest of the line but in a different format. The next time I'm in the mood for a workhorse of a cigar that won't disappoint, I'll reach for a 6000 anyday.