Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 08-06-2022, 02:18 PM   #1
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

2007 Padron Series 6000 Natural

Cigar:
2007 Padron Series 6000 Natural

Country of Origin: Nicaragua

Wrapper Color: Colorado Maduro

Wrapper type: Habano

Filler: Nicaraguan

Binder: Nicaraguan

Vitola: Piramide

Humidimeter Reading: 64%

Environment:

Temperature: 61 degrees

Humidity: 75%

Wind: N/A

A 5.5x52 torpedo with a veiny, coarse, wrapper, rough, long cap and hard bunch.

An even burn, short, conical coal, mottled white, typical ash, and a very rare for me, too easy draw.

Excellent smoke volume and a faint, subtle, floral aroma.

Of ample richness, medium strength, body and flavor with a perfect balance of earthy, woody floral and slightly spicy flavors.

No sweetness, bitterness, burn on the tongue, sharpness or saltiness and a generous finish of earthy, and floral flavors with a light spiciness.

An overall excellent character and just an excellent cigar. Really only lost a couple points in a few categories, with the majority in the construction/appearance category. A final score of 92 out of 100.

I friggin love cigars
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 06:09 AM   #2
Ljutic

Though it appears to have lost some oils to the cello, I'm glad to hear it was still enjoyable. I was not a fan of the temporary Padron transition to 26 count boxes. Perhaps someone with a deeper knowledge of Padron will know why they temporarily switched over and eventually switched back to the 25 count boxes with hinge and clasp. I think the wood may have been too wet when the boxes were packed and wrapped on the 26 count boxes.

My friend Frank agrees with your review. He enjoyed these too.

Last edited by Ljutic; 08-07-2022 at 06:58 AM.
Ljutic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:28 AM   #3
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljutic View Post
Though it appears to have lost some oils to the cello, I'm glad to hear it was still enjoyable. I was not a fan of the temporary Padron transition to 26 count boxes. Perhaps someone with a deeper knowledge of Padron will know why they temporarily switched over and eventually switched back to the 25 count boxes with hinge and clasp. I think the wood may have been too wet when the boxes were packed and wrapped on the 26 count boxes.

My friend Frank agrees with your review. He enjoyed these too.
I agree about the lost oils. The cellophane was about as yellowed as I have ever seen, and it would also explain the dry, rough feel and look of the wrapper.

Still an excellent smoke and I look forward to comparing it to the Londres you also sent.

I friggin love cigars
Old 08-07-2022, 08:26 AM   #4
ElkTwin
Ungulate in Chief
Club Member

The x000 series were always kinda rustic. The wrappers weren't the point on those. You want glorious Padron wrappers, buy the premium lines.
ElkTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 08:45 AM   #5
Ljutic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkTwin View Post
The x000 series were always kinda rustic. The wrappers weren't the point on those. You want glorious Padron wrappers, buy the premium lines.
Couldn't agree more. I remember smoking my first factory patched 3000. I was like, really?

I've also seen blemish free cigarette paper thin maduro wrappers on many 1964s.

My favorite Padron QA faux pas was finding a red plastic bundling thread running down the center of a Fumas.

Smoke enough of anything and you are bound to see all kinds of strange stuff.
Ljutic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 08:56 AM   #6
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljutic View Post
Couldn't agree more. I remember smoking my first factory patched 3000. I was like, really?

I've also seen blemish free cigarette paper thin maduro wrappers on many 1964s.

My favorite Padron QA faux pas was finding a red plastic bundling thread running down the center of a Fumas.

Smoke enough of anything and you are bound to see all kinds of strange stuff.
Thanks for the info from you and Roger. Much appreciated.

I thought i had at least had a 1964 or one of the "thousands" before, but no Pardons show up in the "previously smoked " section of my inventory app, so maybe this was my first Padron. Who knows.

I honestly can't say i have ever seen anything unusual about any cigar i have had in 15 years of daily smoking except water spots and some white mold on cc's.

I have had some paper thin wrappers of various types too though that always crack and peel, particularly where i gently hold it, but nothing unusual like Bruce mentioned by any means.

The only thing he mentioned that would truly bother me is the string. If I didn't see it and smoked some of it, it wouldn't just taste bad like to most people, with me its likely to set off my asthma badly and I could end up in the hospital, so that ones a big deal and could possibly turn me off to that maker.

As far as the "rustic wrapper" on these, it doesn't really bother me much personally, but enough to loose a couple points, and a couple more on behalf of others who expect things to be of higher quality in a cigar, as its supposed to be a luxury/gentleman's item.

I friggin love cigars

Last edited by smbauerllc; 08-08-2022 at 04:22 AM.
Old 08-07-2022, 08:49 AM   #7
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkTwin View Post
Ah, gotcha. Only ever had a couple Padrons before, so no real knowledge about them. It was certainly plenty tasty regardless of the wrapper for sure

I friggin love cigars