Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Rights in America

Cigar Rights in America Discussion of smokers' rights in all 50 states.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:00 AM   #1
PCaponi
Herf Cop
Herf Meister

New Bill in Pennsylvania.

When they first restricted smoking, I didn't have a problem, for the most part. Put now they are trying to ban it everywhere. If you own a bar and your sales in food are less than 20%, you were okay. Most of these places didn't sell any food, unless you count the rack with bags of potato chips. These are the corner bars. One I frequent. People go there to drink and smoke. PERIOD. Cigar bars and private clubs are on the hit list. I sent e-mails to my reps in Harrisburg. Doubt it will do any good, but have to try. Anyone from Pennsylvania better jump on this before it's too late.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:15 AM   #2
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

So difficult not to hate.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:55 AM   #3
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I've been living with this for well over a decade. The only place you can smoke in NY, other than outside or your home, is in a Cigar/Tobacconist shop. And those places aren't allowed to sell alcohol. Such places are almost impossible to find now. Even outside it can be difficult to find a place to smoke. And if you live in an apartment or condo you might not be allowed to smoke indoors either.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 02:20 PM   #4
tonycsmoke
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCaponi View Post
When they first restricted smoking, I didn't have a problem, for the most part. Put now they are trying to ban it everywhere. If you own a bar and your sales in food are less than 20%, you were okay. Most of these places didn't sell any food, unless you count the rack with bags of potato chips. These are the corner bars. One I frequent. People go there to drink and smoke. PERIOD. Cigar bars and private clubs are on the hit list. I sent e-mails to my reps in Harrisburg. Doubt it will do any good, but have to try. Anyone from Pennsylvania better jump on this before it's too late.
That was the problem that I had when they first started the bans. I really think it's part of their playbook. Don't ban it everywhere because it has a better chance of passing. Then come back for the rest later. These people make a living off of this. Right after they got the ban in St Louis, the main guy behind it started making noise about people smoking outside of bars. Last year they tried to get it banned everywhere including cigar shops. They spent over a million dollars on the campaign. It got kicked off the ballot because it was written incorrectly. That made me smile.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:38 PM   #5
beevod
Herf God

So good of the self-serving "moralists" to concern themselves with our well-being.