Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:15 AM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

TODAY: Mayorga Flash Sale at J*R 5/8/2019

12 Hour Flash Sale on Mayorga

30% off. Prices between $44.00 and $57.15
Through Midnight, Wednesday May 8, 2019

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:40 AM   #2
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Tommy,

You recommend these? I know I had some years ago, but really can't recall whether I liked them or not.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:42 AM   #3
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

I have not had one in a very long time, either. However, in their favor, they were extremely good back then, and JR took over the brand which likely means they were made at either Villazon, or wherever Santa Clara now has their cigars made.

At this price, they are worth a flyer, in my estimation, and I am currently vacillating on this, myself.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Old 05-08-2019, 08:44 AM   #4
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Do you recommend a size/wrapper? I am considering the Toro maduro.

Old 05-08-2019, 08:45 AM   #5
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

It's too bad the blend changed after Martin decided to concentrate on the coffee business and let go of his cigar enterprise. I really loved his maduro robustos. I would still be buying them today.

BTW, I remain a fan of his coffee and buy it regularly. You can get it at Costco now.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:48 AM   #6
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
It's too bad the blend changed after Martin decided to concentrate on the coffee business and let go of his cigar enterprise. I really loved his maduro robustos. I would still be buying them today.

BTW, I remain a fan of his coffee and buy it regularly. You can get it at Costco now.
So I take it you're not a fan of the new cigars. $50 or so is cheap, but I don't want to waste money. I'd rather use that for a cigar I know I like.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:04 AM   #7
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Rob, I can't know if you will like them or not. All I was saying was compared to the original blend, I didn't like them as much.

For that price, they are giveaway cigars if you don't like them. Don't have me discourage you from trying them.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:16 AM   #8
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I think I bought a box of these before and I don't think I enjoyed them. I'm not positive. But the name and band are very familiar.

Old 05-08-2019, 01:03 PM   #9
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Especially in their previous iteration, when Martin Mayorga was still the owner and manufacturer, these were wildly popular on this board.

Old 05-13-2019, 03:45 PM   #10
SmoKerch
Herf God

I think I may still have about half of a Master Sampler in the bottom of a coolerdor.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The Great State of Confusion

Just because I may be paranoid, it doesn't mean there aren't people out there trying to get me.

Visit us on The Facebook: Kercheval Bros. Procrastination Consultants !

Galatians 5:24 - NLT
SmoKerch is offline   Reply With Quote