Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Pipe Room

Pipe Room A place for the discussion of Pipes and Pipe Tobaccos.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2002, 11:29 AM   #1
JGIORD
Club Member

This is primarily a VA based tobacco with caramel flavorings. Its an aromatic blend, but geared more for the non-traditional aromatic smoker. The aroma is quite nice in the tin and room. The initial flavors are very sweet upon lighting but quickly fade to a predominantely light VA tobacco with just a subtle touch of sweetness provided by the topping.

It burns better than most aromatics but the flavor like most aromatics fades out to quickly and is unfufilling. At the midway point there is an introduction of a toasty note that remains throughout the bowl.

Overall I'm not impressed, but it would be a good transistion blend for an aromatic smoker looking to move toward VA's.

Like most aromatics, the smell is great but the smoke is not fulfilling to me. Its just too light and subtle. It burns well, although a little bit moist and doesn't leave any goop in the bowl. As an aromatic, I would say its top notch and probably one of the better choices out there. But for me I personally prefer the sweetness & fruity flavors I get from Dunhill 3 yr Matured Virginia, which is a more substantial smoke but still aromatic in aroma and has a light sweet topping.