Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2015, 02:19 PM   #1
bigw
Club Member

IPCPR Review--Lighthouse Cigar

This review will be a little different as I was on a long car ride when I lit this one up...

I can find no information on the web about this, but this thing was presented in a wooden box with a sliding cover. The box was very attractive and I was anticipating lighting this one up. The cigar measures about 6/12 inches by 50 something (maybe just 50). The wrapper was dark and oily and looked beautiful.
Pre-light aroma was of hay and woodsy smells while the cold draw delivered flavors of caramel (like on a flan or crème brulée). I also tasted fresh cut wood.

This cigar burned perfectly, holding a nice straight edge and was medium bodied the whole way through. The prominent flavors were of leather and fresh cut pine boards on the palate. It did not get hot nor were there any burn problems. The strength remained a medium body till the end and I nubbed it.

Over all this was a pleasant smoke and made the ride enjoyable. Depending on price I would pick up more for such an occasion. Probably not an every day smoke.

Last edited by TommyBB; 09-08-2015 at 05:56 AM.
bigw is offline   Reply With Quote