Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2010, 06:06 AM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

CRA Petition against New York Ban

Ladies and Gentlemen, we MUST speak out, when we can, against bans, taxes, and all other measure of restrictions. Else, we will be complicit in boxing ourselves. I know many here, even, smokers, feel that some restrictions are acceptable. However, when we are in a life and death struggle for places to smoke that are NOT our own homes or garages, there is no room for vacillating on the issue. Our opponents don't care if we try to reason out some assent to their plans, but not others.

I assure you there is no compromise on THEIR horizon. Any smokers agreeing with even part of their agenda is a victory FOR them AGAINST us. And I hate that I have to use such stark terms, but there is no room for nuance on our part, any more. Individual courtesy on our part, when we are out at venues, sure. But not in the arena of politics and opposing restrictions.

Sorry for that.
The Cigar Rights of America has a petition on their website to oppose the proposed tightening of the smoking ban in New York City. This proposal would ban smoking on ALL city-owned property, including ALL OF CENTRAL PARK and any beaches within the city limits.

Banning outdoor smoking? Can you believe it? If they can get away with it, as entities in California have, why not New York. Banning smoking outdoors? Seriously? See WHY there is no room for compromise or nuance? It's just an opportunity for bannists to go for more.

SIGN THE PETITION I may never visit or live in New York City, but if we want even a modicum of freedom to smoke at indoor establishments, we MUST oppose bans, vocally, forcefully and in numbers, or they will continue to steamroll us with their discrimination.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote