Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2015, 10:54 AM   #36
tonycsmoke
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
I am only sharp enough to notice trends or buzz words of the show IF they're repeated enough or told to me directly.

This year, there's an interesting thing that might catch many of us unawares.
Connecticut leaf is hot, Hot, HOT !

Now, I know what you lot are thinking : Connecticut? That'll taste like grass IF you can even taste it! So, many of you may, intentionally, not try some of these as you'll think : Macanoodle, Leon Jimenes original line, and others, OR you will think derisively "bubble gum cigars."

IF you think that way, you will miss out...hey, more for us...on some tremendous cigars. The Ecuadoran farms are growing Connecticut, in both shade and broadleaf, and many of the companies are putting them on some really rich, strong, stout cigars! This Marrero Tico that I finished the show with this afternoon is one. My Father's new entry in the Centurion line is the same. Kuut cigars is doing the same on their mildest line which is really a medium. Arandoza's new Defcon is the same, as well.

The newbs will buy these thinking mild and newbie smokes. They'll get the shock of their lives, and might not try them again. So us long-time smokers need to try some of these brands.

Mexican San Andres is in favor, right now, too for both wrapper and binder leaves. It's really good for an easy draw, as Emma Viktorsson told me about using it in her Freyja cigar.

Connecticut and San Andres, these are the themes I picked up.
Ecuadorian Connecticut is in my humble opinion one of the best wrappers. It works well in mild/medium and surprisingly well in strong blends.