Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2002, 12:36 PM   #1
Jimdandee

Sorcerer size...Beautiful rich dark brown wrapper with reddish hues. Round cigar..not box pressed at all. Good solid and uniform fill. Nice draw. Burned very evenly...and never needed to be re-lit. This is a great cigar...has all the qualities I love about the VSG Sorcerer and the added dimension of the Opus wrapper. Not quite as full bodied or spicey as a regular VSG Sorcerer..but offers a wider array of complex flavors. I smoked this cigar as the first one of the day a few days ago with a nice rich cup of French Itailian blend fresh roasted from the local coffee shop. The cigar was perfect with this coffee..and it was the right time of the day as well. I would rate this cigar as extremely good....but to be frank..at 30 to 50 bucks a copy..I would never buy them. I got a bunch as Christmas gifts from overly generous folks. While I enjoy Opus and VSG very much....I would rather smoke either or than this Estate Reserve...I enjoy Opus and VSG on their own merits..combining the two was a really cool idea..but for me...I prefer em as stand alone brands. I have some left and will enjoy them over the coming year or so...but at 30 to 50 a pop...I'm sure I won't be buying any. Got a chance to see the humidor these came from....to be blunt..I was way less than impressed. It did not strike me as something I'd shell out that kind of dough for...but hey...different strokes. Mind you, it was a decent looking cube..and looked to be of high quality....it just did not float my boat. Anyone else smoke these..I'm curious to see what others thought. BTW.if these were priced at under 10 bucks a throw.I'd probably buy some for special times.

JimmyD