Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
olotti
Club Member

Do you ever think about how much u spend...

on cigars?? This is meant as a fun type question as I know I never do and I know in the 8yrs Ive been smoking cigars regularly its been alot of money but man cigars just make good times better in my mind. A nice bonfire, a good day, a bad day, watching football, etc etc. cigars just really make things better in certain occasions. The money I've spent and Im guessing its been alot, never really crosses my mind because some of the best moments Ive had made with friends and family, or just pondering out on my deck with a bonfire or celebrating whatever have all been made better by having a good cigar in my hand.

"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -Homer Simpson
olotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
otto_sear

I try not to, but I have been unable to ignors it lately because I was laid off last year and am working again, but I took a substantial pay cut. So I am much more aware now when I am smoking a $10 stick.
otto_sear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
H311oLHD
Herf Meister

Probably way too much! I stopped buying for awhile and started to clean house of extra stuff that I would never smoke and gave those away. Now I buy once in awhile, but not a ton usually.
Rest In Peace Cubano.
Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™
H311oLHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #4
olotti
Club Member

Don't get me wrong here I'm not a heavy hitter in cigar terms, I was laid off last year myself, luckily got my job back, so I enjoy and mostly target the $3-5 cigars.

"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -Homer Simpson
olotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:14 AM   #5
fvfanmc
Self Exiled
Herf God

No, if I did, I probably wouldn't buy any.
fvfanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #6
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

Since I finally came to the realization that I have too damn many cigars, I've quit buying. In that sense, no, I don't think about what I spend.

I used to, though. Oh yes, I used to. Not that that stopped me, mind you, but there was always that thought in the back of my mind.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #7
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I think about it when I'm placing an order. But I quickly forget and move on to the next purchase. I don't even want to add it up. I don't even want to estimate how much I've spent. But, whatever it is, it's probably a lot less than I've spent on movies, which is my other hobby. I know my annual cigar costs are a lot less than what I spend on cable/phone/internet each year.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #8
gui_tarzan
Herf God

Oh yeah, I do. Especially since I got laid off last year and my current job pays quite a bit less. I don't order anything online unless I get it for under $3/stick and then not as many as I used to.

The four most dangerous words in the US government: "and for other purposes"

I am an AJ Fernandez ho...
gui_tarzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #9
tonycsmoke
Club Member

Absolutely I check how much I spend. I try to stick to a budget. To compensate I do my homework on "house brands" and usually buy them on auction. I don't care if it comes in a box or a bundle. I only care that it's a good smoke. On average, I spend about $1.50 a cigar. Most of what I smoke are what would be considered "premiums" that didn't sell and are remarketed as bundles.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #10
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I now order in quantity and then order only the odd sampler. I've too many cigars, a lot have been given a way more will be given in the future.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote