Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 12-13-2019, 06:59 AM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

New Releases?

Posting e-mail cigar deals as I do during weekdays, some of the e-mails, on occasion, have new items or items back in stock that are not on sale. However, they include them, and some folks may be interested.

Today, for example, there are a couple things that Atlantic Cigar Company included in their e-mail. Knowing Andy's love for Warped Cigars, I thought I might sometimes post things from the daily e-mails that are not on sale, but might be interesting just the same.

You all are welcome to post to this thread, too. This community has always been at its best when digging out deals, or information on new cigars. If you get things on other social media platforms, by all means, share them here. We can, then, share the thread back there from time-to-time, anything we can do to drive traffic, and of course, build or strengthen our family here.

Atlantic Cigar Company for today, Dec. 13, 2019
Quote:
Talavera Edicion Exclusiva Second Edition - Extremely Limited!

First Released Back in 2015 - Now Back! Only 250 Jars Currently Being Released!

Outstanding New Blend - Vintage 2016 Nicaragua Tobacco!
The second edition of Talavera “Edición Exclusiva” will be available in two sizes. Both box-pressed formats, wrapped in a hand-selected high priming Nicaraguan Habano Oscuro wrapper, with a Nicaraguan Habano binder which encloses a core of specially selected proprietary Nicaraguan fillers. This rendition of the Talavera “Edición Exclusiva” comes packaged in classic Cuban silver foil paper without bands. These cigars are rolled and wet-packed like many Cuban brands, as they will continue to develop and change over time, making the ceramic jar a perfect aging vessel.
2 Guys
Not necessarily a "new" release, but it seems these have been scarce, or in for a "re-brand" recently. Ah, yes, reading what I quoted below, now made with A.J. Fernandez.

Quote:
The legendary Don Lino Africa returns! Long known as one of Nestor Miranda's favorite cigars the brand was born out of his love of travel to the African continent. As part of the company celebrating 30 years, the Africa sees the blend, boxes and and presentation return to its original form with the Don Lino Africa production being handled by Tabacalera AJ Fernandez.

According to Nestor Miranda, "There is a mystery and depth to Africa that captivates my spirit, always drawing me to come back. This blend captures the way going there makes me feel. It's truly an amazing, even mesmerizing cigar."

Don Lino Africa features a Habano 2000 wrapper from Ecuador, African Cameroon binder, with Piloto Dominicano, Ometepe, Jalapa, and Esteli fillers. Each size is named for the Swahili word of animal that roams the continent of Africa. . The Dumas means cheetah, Punda Milia means zebra and Tembo means elephant.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Last edited by TommyBB; 12-13-2019 at 07:01 AM.
TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:22 AM   #2
Jester
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Nice work sir.

I really dislike wading through things.

Best,
J.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:38 AM   #3
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

From Atlantic Cigar Company on Wednesday, December 18th. Two sizes already sold out!!

From 2 Guys

Quote:
The name Atabey has ties to the Taino Indians and the cigar culture. It all began with Cohiba which referred to the circle the tribe would gather in to pray. They would offer their prayers to the leader known as Behike who in turn would deliver those prayers to the Goddess Atabey.

It's an incredibly smooth cigar with a flavor profile that is as perfect as they come. So much so that The Cigar Authority has awarded multiple sizes of the line a prestigious 100 rating.

Some sizes are available in new 3 Packs that come in a tube designed by brand owner Nelson Alfonso who does packaging and design for Habanos S.A.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Old 01-13-2020, 07:16 AM   #4
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Serious Cigars
I don't know how new these are, but Serious is promoting them, although the price looks like anything BUT a promotion. What say you, Andy? Any good? Only size on offer is a Lonsdale, which of course is no bad thing.
These are made in Nicaragua with a Nicaragua wrapper.
Warped Lirio Rojo 109
Famous Smoke Shop

Boxes of 15 in the $135.00 neighborhood
Initially a small batch run of 500 bundles in 2011, Tatuaje's original Mexican Experiment blend released with a heavy dose of acclaim. But lovers of the leaf were left scrambling to find them - searching every nook and cranny for a fix. Mexican Experiment II puts an end to all that; these premium treats are now available in regular production. Morsels of pepper, wood, coffee, and earth linger from every full-bodied puff. All thanks to Pete Johnson's blending and the expert craftsmanship found in My Father's Nicaraguan factory. Experience limited-edition flavor any time you want it and order your box today at Famous!

Wrapper: Mexican San Andres
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

Old 01-13-2020, 10:58 AM   #5
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

I'd go for the Warped; not sure about the Mexican Experiment. Tatuaje's are kind of hit and miss with me anyway. And right now the only cigar coming out of Mexo that I am truly interested in is the new Edgar Hoill OSOK that he makes at Turent that is all San Andreas.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:32 PM   #6
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Cigar and Pipes
We Are Happy To Announce A Limited Release of RoMa Craft Cigars That Have Been Resting In Our Aging Vault Humidor For Over A Year!

Available in CroMagnon Knuckle Dragger, CroMagnon Mode 5, CroMagnon Cranium, & a Bundle of Neanderthal Genetic Deformity while supplies last! Order now before it's to late! Click the Button Below to be taken to this deal.

Old 01-23-2020, 01:50 PM   #7
ak2000
Charter Member
Herf God

The original Warped Lirio Rojos were Corona Gorda size and pretty good. Haven't seen the new ones yet, but I imagine also pretty good. I prefer the Skyflower though.
JLOH #19
ak2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:17 PM   #8
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Check the magazine page too. I post all of the press releases I get in the news section. If you have a PR that isn't posted there, please forward it to me.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:49 AM   #9
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Atlantic Cigar company is promoting the new Perdomo Estate Selection in both Vintage Sungrown and Maduro.

They are regularly priced, but were included in yesterday's e-mail.

Old 02-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #10
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

WITH A NEW LOOK, “LA MANDARRIA” BY CASA CUEVAS CIGARS ADDED AS PART OF CORE LINE

Quote:
Casa Cuevas Cigars, makers of handmade premium cigars to add the “La Mandarria” (translates to the sledgehammer brand) to their core line up of cigars. La Mandarria was initially a limited Edition 500 count box run. The brand was born out of the unfortunate burglary which occurred in February 2019 at the Casa Cuevas Cigars distribution center in Miami. Burglars used sledgehammers to break in and steal over 25,000 units of the Casa Cuevas brands, which included the Casa Cuevas Limited Edition Flaco, and Casa Cuevas core line of cigars. The Cuevas family made the decision to forge ahead and create a cigar, that will mark the era where they faced and overcame adversity.

La Mandarria will also sport a secondary band which elegantly highlights the “La Mandarria” logo.

President of Casa Cuevas Cigars, Luis Cuevas Jr. said;” We were completely overwhelmed by the response for La Mandarria. This brand was a smash hit at the 2019 IPCPR and sales have remained strong. We are grateful to the public for accepting the product with open arms.”