Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
nucker
Club Member

Journey fans

Journey released a new album and damned if this new dude doesn't sound JUST LIKE Steve Perry. 12 bucks for 2 CDs and a concert DVD - heck, even an old mp3 pirate like me might have to pull the trigger on this. Some of the new stuff sounds pretty good! Take a listen to the samples and you'll hear what I mean about the dude sounding like Perry.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=9864208
Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there, Eighty are nothing but targets, Nine are real fighters... We are lucky to have them...They make the battle, Ah but the One, One of them is a Warrior...and He will bring the others back. -Hericletus c. 500 B.C.
nucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
SMOKINACTUARY
Huge Cranium
Herf God

Does he have Perry's adam's apple?
...the gas chambers of Auschwitz, Treblinka, and Maidanek were ultimately prepared not in some ministry or other in Berlin, but rather at the desks and in the lecture halls of nihilistic scientists and philosophers.
- Viktor Frankl
SMOKINACTUARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:33 PM   #3
nucker
Club Member

He's a Philippino dude, kinda looks like skinny Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson with long hair. Dude can belt it out though!
Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there, Eighty are nothing but targets, Nine are real fighters... We are lucky to have them...They make the battle, Ah but the One, One of them is a Warrior...and He will bring the others back. -Hericletus c. 500 B.C.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:48 PM   #4
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

Sounds identical to Steve Perry. Unreal.
SLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #5
gui_tarzan
Herf God

Yes he does and it's almost scary.

The four most dangerous words in the US government: "and for other purposes"

I am an AJ Fernandez ho...
gui_tarzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:47 AM   #6
Radar
Club Member

Does a great job on faithfully, I'm going to purchase this when it comes out, cannot remember the last CD I bought.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #7
nucker
Club Member

OH..............MY.......................GOD!!!!!! !!!!! Go to Youtube - do a search for "The Zoo". This is Arnel Pineda's starter band. He is WAAAYYYYY to big for this band. Links from this video will take you to some recent Journey footage overseas with him as the new lead singer.

What a powerful, emotional voice! He speaks with a pretty heavy accent but when he belts out a tune - man - I haven't been this impressed with any male vocalist since Perry. Just incredible!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:24 AM   #8
Radar
Club Member

Bought the set yesterday at Walmart, 2 cd's and a dvd for $11 (the 1st cd I have purchased in quite some time ).
The new stuff is really good
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #9
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

Listening to it on the iPod. If you are a Journey fan, you will enjoy the new music. The live DVD is pretty good too. Lots of classic Journey on the DVD. New lead vocal dude (Arnel Pineda) is scary identical to Steve Perry. He must have spent every waking moment with a voice coach to lose the heavy accent before they did this project, even on the live DVD he has way less accent then on some of the you tube clips.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:26 PM   #10
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

Hey check out CD2 (the greatest hits cd). I am listening to this cd and I notice they sound different from the originals. They redid all these past hits completely, new music tracks, and used Arnel Pineda for lead vocals. Weird.

Does sound good. Just too weird they would do this.