Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2015, 04:52 PM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

IPCPR Cigar Arandoza Red Label

There will be an article soon enough on the main magazine side of CW, and when you read that one, you'll have to really be on the lookout for this brand. That cigar is the Defcon from Arandoza.

Tonight, however, the cigar of choice is the Arandoza Red label. This line made its debut a year ago at the 2014 IPCPR show. Like their first two blends, the Arandoza Blue and Arandoza White, this cigar is made at Eric Espinosa's La Zona Factory in Estelí, Nicaragua. Unlike the Blue, and the White, this Red blend is not a Nicaraguan puro, but it sports one of the two "star leaves" of THIS year's IPCPR.

The Arandoza Red Label is a maduro with Mexican San Andres as its wrapper. Once, that is IF, you read my submissions as well as those of Jeff and Brenda Slatton (Jefslat & Frau Evil) you will hear Ecuadoran Connecticut and San Andres mentioned early and often. Another consistent attribute of every cigar I have smoked from the IPCPR show is lots and lots of smoke. This one is no different, we are living in a time where the cigarmaker's art is alive and well, bringing us well constructed cigars that produce great quantities of smoke. Emma Viktorsson (Mrs. José Blanco) from Las Cumbres insisted to me that she started with the San Andres leaf as the binder leaf for her new Freyja cigar (article written on that, too,) because they draw so well.

This Arandoza Red Label was not overly sweet, for a maduro, at the outset, and drawing on the cigar before lighting, I caught some pepper on my lips, most of what I have had, so far, from the trade show, has been a bit more sweet. But this is appealing.

The first few draws have fared well, and provided nice flavor, complimenting my Virgil's Zero Cream Soda (sweetened with stevia.) This is a nice match. The cigar is smoking generously at both the head and foot as I draw, and the flavor is a touch mellow, again, just right for my beverage. I daresay this is putting out the most smoke of all the cigars I have had, so far, and that is quite the accomplishment.

The pepper is tame, even early on in the cigar, and this is really and truly a creamy smoke.

First update: I had to let it go and re-light, it was no fault of the cigar's, I was asked to run an errand. Upon getting it lit, again, the pepper tingle is now evident on my tongue. That's not my favorite attribute, but many among this community do appreciate it, now it's got that for you. The flavor is still enjoyable, and so far this is a dead, solid, medium bodied cigar.

Second update: I am getting down to the band, now, and this has gotten a touch stronger. It's now evolving into an earthy cigar, with some oomph to it. I can see any number of folks on this board enjoying this. gui_tarzan, KatDad, Smokestack Jack, Spiridon, stogie5150, I would say mrdiver, but he don't do maduro.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Last edited by TommyBB; 08-03-2015 at 05:54 PM.
TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote