Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2009, 09:10 AM   #1
Black Plague
Herf Meister

Thunderbird lighter owners....flints

I have a Vector Thunderbird butane lighter...the one that's a Zippo look-alike.

I ignored what I thought was marketting BS on the package that said the Thunderbird lighter only takes Vector/Thunderbird flints...but it was right. A Zippo flint doesn't last too long in that thing, since it seems like it's too thin for the flint chamber, ends up wiggling around too much, and the flint jams up constantly and ends up mis-shapen after several dozen lights.

I would gladly buy a pack of Vector flints....but I can't f*cking find them! I've seen two stores online that sell them: a survival store that wanted to charge me some ridiculous $10 shipping for a few packs of flints that probably barely push 2 oz. in weight and another store that looked really shady where you had to email them your order and CC info.

So those of you who do have Thunderbirds, is there any other flint that can substitute for the Vector ones? I know the Dunhill flints for Rollagas lighters are fatter than normal Zippo flints, would they work?
Black Plague is offline   Reply With Quote