Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
Zig2k143
Club Member

Hydra Review week later.

Ok I just got the Hydra set up and running in my cabinet humidor. I'll share my initial observations now and finish it after it is up and running for a few days:

The Hydra seems very well made and the displays are very easy to read and use. There is an on/off button, a button to increase humidity and a button to decrease humidity. There is also a knob to calibrate the hydrometer after doing a salt test. Filling and set up was a snap, the ribbon cords are pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it.

The front of the Hydra has a ribbon port for DC IN and the side has two ports, one that reads "DC OUT" and the other that reads "Fan Port." The external fan seems tiny but very effective. You can actually put 3 fans on one port via a splitter that came with the fan. I would assume you could actually put 6 fans on one Hydra. What I'd do with 6 fans I have no clue. With both fans running it was still very quiet to operate.

The Hydra is also equipped with an Audible alert to let me know when the tank needs to be refilled.

Here are some pictures sorry the quality isn't up to par but I wanted to get this out ASAP.

More to come...

Next day I set it for 67 when I first put it in. Last night it was at 69, this morning 67, at lunch it was at 67.... Working wonderfully so far so good.

Day two... It's been sitting at 67 or 68 all day... Good job hydra.

Been working it over the weekend it says where it needs to stay... Great system...

My blog on motivation http://www.afitspot.com/blog1
Zig2k143 is offline   Reply With Quote