Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2007, 05:04 AM   #1
LakeTex

Project Party Barn: A slow progression to smoking bliss.

Ok, it's been a long time coming, but I'm going to start documenting the progress of the party barn. What we're dealing with here is a 12x11 storage shed that looks like a little red barn. It has high ceilings, two windows, and some metal junky french doors. For the last year I've been using it as is, throwing backyard BBQ's, and playing darts. I've got a few little add ons, but nothing too radical.

Last night, my buddy Rob brought me over three rolls of electrical wire that he scored from work. This is about $500 worth of wire. So now it's AWN. Will get pics tonite.

Plans will be:

Run 220 service out there underground. Right now it has a 110 feed that it shares with the patio and rear living room. I'll put a small breaker box in the barn and use it to run my new 110V air conditioner, a wine fridge (for wine hehe), lights, fan, exhuast fan.

Replace the dinged up and hard latching metal doors with a real french door or fixed door unit

-----The above is what I plan to complete this summer----

For Fall,

Add a dedicated darts lane to the back of the building. This lane will span the width of the building, and be about 4' out from it. It will get the darts out of the main room and let us use the main area for a bar/herf room.

Sheetrock the inside, and put oak plywood on the inner roof slope. Paint the sheetrock...color TBA. Stain the oak plywood dark. Stain the beams dark too.

Thinking about a mural on a wall. Want one wall to be pics of cigar events, vacations, ect. Really dont know here.

Planning on furnishing the inside of the bar area with a nice rug, nailhead leather sofa, couple comfy chairs.

Anyways, I'll get a few pics of what I'm working with and make this a long slow buildup thread of progress. Maybe that'll get me really motivated to make it happen in short order.

I think due to heat of Texas and not wanting to run that window unit all the time, I'll continue to store my cigars in the house. Maybe bring a desktop humi out when we have parties or something.

Of course, when it's finished, everyone's invited to a herf at my house!

Bryan