Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2023, 09:39 AM   #9
Ljutic

Luckily Cigars are Forgiving

I'm probably the worst as far as worrying about calibration goes. I'm now at peace using a two level humidity calibration using Boveda packs. I calibrate at 69% then calibrate again at 72% making sure they are pretty close when moving from one test to the other. I mean any consumer hygrometer and Bovdea pack comes with a +-3% accuracy claim.

Often overlooked is temperature. The same absolute humidity will show two relative humidity levels at 70F and 72F. I live for the week or two per year when our basement is at 70F as this is the time I push really hard on the calibration to remove the temperature bias on RH. I've got Govee working on giving us the ability to regulate humidity based on VPD. This would allow us to set one VPD and never have to worry about the temperature impact on the RH.

I have dozens of hygrometers, but have become partial to the Govee brand because they can be easily calibrated, remotely monitored, linked to Govee active humidifiers, and are as accurate as any others I've tried. Pictures are from a calibration cycle I've currently got going.

Ljutic is offline   Reply With Quote