Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2019, 10:22 AM   #7
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briandg View Post
If you dig into the subtext you find what the guy was really saying.

I keep wondering when Rocky will start to fall. Has he released any masterworks recently? He's obviously just coasting and putting out millions of old reliables.

What has happened to pepin garcia? Is he still a thing? A J fernandez is probably the hottest thing in cigars now, EVERYBODY has an AJ blend or two. Hoyo, Montecristo, upmann, Romeo, he's all over the map and making what I understand to be 9,000,000 cigars per year.
You are, of course right.
I wonder, too, his catalog spreads in CI are massive, he gets 9 to 12 spots on their or Holt's sale pages every day.

A.J.? Well, his stuff IS THAT GOOD, and despite the huge number of cigars, their quality control and what-have-you are second to none, and that is just one of the reasons, in my reckoning, that they are successful and adding the collaboration brands to their portfolio.

The My Father factory (Pepin Garcia, Jaime Garcia, Janny Garcia Johnson, Pete Johnson) is continuing to progress and turn out great cigars all up-and-down THEIR brand portfolio. They are too expensive for my purchasing, what little of it I do, but I enjoy what they make. Only the La Aroma de Cuba robustos, or the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor robustos, on sale, are close to a price-point I could possibly see spending on a box.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote