Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2003, 08:10 PM   #1
JAlexander

thermoelectric temp control in humidors?

Hi,

I've been reading the outstanding thread with posts on the Aristocrat and Avallo humidors (and Antietam)... I'm curious if the folks who manufacture these great looking and highly efficient humidors have ever considered the implementation of thermoelectric temp control into their climate control systems... the beauty of thermoelectric is that there's no moving parts, so failure would be rare. An added benefit to cooling is that if the controls for the thermoelectric system could reverse the polarity when the temps dip below 70 degrees (or whatever you wish to set it at) it would actually use the same element to warm the humidor.

I bring this up because I worry about warm summertime temps in the room in which I keep my humidors. I've seen that others have the same concern.

My thought is that if it were another $100 or so added to the price of a $600 or $1000 humidor but it gave me control of not only humidity but temperature as well it would well be worth it.

anyways, hope that there's some room for discussion on this & I'd love to hear from some of the same folks from Aristocrat and Avallo if possible.

Thanks,
James