Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

601 Conneticut

Just finished the 601 Conneticut. I bought a fiver about three weeks ago and I have let it sit in my humidor resting from the long truck ride. This was the toro size.

Prelight - The wrapper was a light brown and very smooth. The prelight draw gave a subtle flavor of earthiness. The foot showed a tight, compacted tobacco with touches of black. Looks great!

Ash/Burn - The ash was strong and stayed on for about 2 inches before I tapped it off. I was curious as to how long it would stay on but I didn't want the ash to fall into my lap and cause a mess. The ash didn't flake and stayed solid thoughout the cigar. Burn was even and I never needed to touch up.

Flavor - This cigar was medium bodied and smooth. It never showed any harshness or bitterness. I would say the flavor profile was earthy with an underlying sweetness. As I smoked this cigar I kept waiting for more or added flavor to appear but it never did. The flavor wasn't in any way bad, or unpleasant just one dimensional.

Conclusion - This was a nice smooth cigar. In no way was it a really bad cigar. I just wish the flavor profile was more flavorful. As far as a well made cigar it was right on. For those that like the 601 in the darker wrapper this cigar would be a little bit of as let down. I'd give this cigar a 7 out of 10.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote