Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
Accident

El Centurion (ROT)

Box came in today with 5 extra Havana Leon's and a nice leather desktop humi, both extra items 'free'. I'm going to write this as I smoke it. Breaking my own rule about "right off the truck". Had to light up this baby. It's the smallest one: Guererro's 5x50. Cigar smells good outta the cello. Dos XX Green beverage, chilled. Toaste it up and lets go! 1st impression is all Pepin. 1/2 inch in and damn smooth. I think it's strength may be hidden by all the smooth. I've heard ya'll say, don't rush a cigar, but I'm rushing already. Burn is good so far. Smoke is way thick and bluish. Call 911. My mentor, Paul, is just sick right now that he doesn't have one. The student has become the master. Now, back to the cigar.....nice draw, did the ole punch on it. The band is fancier than I'm used to on Pepin sticks. Nice change. 1" in now. Same flavors, building a bit. I'm not versed in describing the flavors, sorry, but similar to Padilla Miami maybe. Not as much bite as the other Cigar King Pepins. Nice white ash, not flakey at all. Ash fell off on me at 1.5". Has a little of that "needs to rest after a long trip" taste now. Acrid on the throat. Just a hint of bitterness at the 1/2 way mark. Band is almost in the way and way glued on. I forgot to mention that this thing is very oily. Perfect construction too. Burn still right on. Not giving it a chance to go out. Still enough smoke to share with friends or 2nd hand smoke nuts. So far, I'm not too happy with the price, but I'm sure it's the ROT factor. Box was warm from the Texas heat on arrival. Humidity in the Tupperware I have the box in went right up to 82%, so these are really wet now. These have a lot of potential for resting/de-humidifying for a time. Acridness passed. My head is starting to spin a bit. I knew they were gonna be stronger than the taste let on at the start. Really insane amounts of smoke. Burn ring a little asymetrical now. Oh, I'm dizzy, glad I didn't get the long ones.
The Pepin sweetness I have come to expect more subtle almost imperseptable. Sucker is strong tho, dang. Stronger than the 601 Habano. Let it go out for a bit. Still have more to go. Slowing down, have to, very strong now. These are not beginner boutique cigars IMO.
Mostly done. Hope this helps.
I have to give it a solid 9 outta 10. I can't wait till they have rested a bit and I have a fuller stomach.
Accident

Charter Member FFF
Accident is offline   Reply With Quote