Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2007, 06:25 AM   #1
Coach
Herf Meister

I had a VISION of the CAO kind......

A local B&M in Canton had a CAO event yesterday promoting the new CAO Visions. They had all 3 styles,Robusto,Corona Gorda,Belicoso. Ohio pricing:

Robusto: $11.65
Corona Gorda: $12.98
Belicoso: $14.98

I purchased 1 Robusto and 1 Beli and smoked the Beli.

Wrapper: Dominican(Corojo)
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican,Nicaraguan,Brazil
Flavor: Medium-Full

First off the appearance that draws you to this is the BOX. Pearl White with a neon blue lighted trim. Also each box is it's own humidfier with a digital hygrometer on the outside of the box. The box alone puts you into a trance.

The belicoso was beautiful in appearance,great color darkest corojo I have ever seen. Slight veins but otherwise perfect.

Clipped the tip and the draw was perfect also. full east airways through the fillers. The light produced a bright full flame and the glow from the ash was bright.

Initial tastes were that of leather until the mid point, then some coffee and cocoa flavors started to comeout. The finish was very good but not great. Even though I nubbed it, I was looking for that final kick but it fell short.

I believe that CAO does have a winning product here, my only concearn is that even though CAO is the LEADER in "botique" cigars,people may shy away because of it's price.

randy
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote