Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 PM   #1
poriggity
Starting Member

Review: Famous Smokes Value Line Dominican #200 Robusto

*DISCLAIMER*
I am a newbie cigar smoker, who is looking for a good daily smoke, for not much money, and thought I would give these a try. The following review, is based on my feelings, and my newbie palate, and I hold no responsibility for the funny faces you make if you buy this cigar and think it tastes like dog poo. *END DISCLAIMER*

Well, I got a package in today from famous smokes that I ordered.. The package consisted of a single of the Famous smokes Value Line Dominican #200 robusto Cigar, and a 5er of the Drew Estate Kahlua robustos.

This review is just for the Value line smoke, as I havent had a kahlua yet.
As I lit up the smoke, I was not expecting much, at around $1.25/smoke, I figured it MIGHT make a good daily smoke, but I wasn't going to be dissapointed if I didn't like it. The first thing I noticed was the VERY even burn, and smooth draw. Shortly after that, I got a bit of the taste, and I have to say, although I am a cigar newbie, the taste of this stogie is nothing short of GREAT! It tasted to me to be a bit oaky, but well bodied, and very smooth. As I continued to be impressed with this smoke, and continued to enjoy it on my lunch break, I took note of the ash, and saw that it was burning evenly still, at about 1/2 way down the cigar, and the ash was firm and did not want to drop off the cigar. AWESOME. It stayed lit the entire time, even in the slight drizzle we got (I was outside). All in all, based on the texture of the cigar and wrapper (Very nice, well put together), the taste, and the smoothness, I was very impressed with this cigar, and will be buying at least one bundle as soon as I get paid.

Scott