Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2002, 04:19 PM   #1
Herfules
Club Member

This baby was gifted to me by Anejo12 in a trade.

I can't say how old she was, but this black beauty appeared to sparkle with crystallized oils along the entire length of the wrapper. This beautifully built cigar was solid and clean from head to foot. A very nice band complements this darling and she wears a nice foot-warmer announcing the treat that is to come... "Black Pearl"!

The best way I can describe this smoke is RICH! It had a very rich flavor from the moment it was first lit. The surprise to me was the complete absence of any harshness at all, especially in such a rich smoke. To try to describe the flavor, all I can come up with is rich and flavorful- maybe the description of semi-sweet chocolate or unsweetened powdered cocoa is appropriate, but still sorely lacking. The burn was wonderfully even down to the end, and the burn line was almost microscopic, it was so thin. The ash held for over an inch and would have held longer had I not tapped it off. The last third of the cigar built just the slight tartness (or twang) that I enjoy so much. It was just enough to complement the rich taste. Oh, did I say this baby is rich?

She was definitely a nubber. Left nicotine stained fingers that I am sure would make any law enforcement officer wonder what you'd been up to.

This one is a definite must try. I've gotta put some of these babies in my humidor!

Peace,
NDinNC

"I don't want Fop dammit. I want Dapper Dan. I'm a Dapper Dan man!"