Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2002, 09:35 AM   #1
jchamb
Club Member

I got these as a rather shocking gift from an unnamed CW brother!

I've smoked lots of Grand Cru's, but never this particular cigar until last night. Let me say that the presentation is great, as would be expected in a top-of-the-line cigar from a long respected brand.
These are more of a belicoso shape (I think) than either pyramid or torpedo - since they have straight sides. The cigar is 6.12 x 54 ring (my absolute favorite size).

The cigar is wrapped in an Ecuador Sumatra EMS wrapper, and the filler is blended from DR, Hon, and Nic. Needless to say, the construction is flawless.
After lighting this fine smoke, I found that the burn and draw were jutt perfect. It produced a fine white/silver ash that stayed intact for well over an inch - at which point I dislodged it just in case.

This cigar lives up to it's name, it is medium/full in flavor (like all of the Punch line), and this cigar had a really great, smooth, and creamy flavor throughout. Sometimes I experience a slight bitterness with Villazon products - but not with this baby. It was flavorful and smooth, with tons of rich creamy smoke right to the end (at which point I burned my index finger!)
A good earthy, full taste, and a very enjoyable cigar.
This is truly what a really good cigar should taste like!

Thanks bro! (you know who you are)