Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2015, 07:59 PM   #1
Christofori
Starting Member

IPCPR Cult 6" x 44?

IPCPR Cult 6" x (11/16") 44 ring

Pre light: Medium brown, (Colorado Maduro), even construction, 2 or 3 veins, nicely capped, a wide band at about the 4" - 5" mark.
The first smell of the wrapper was redolent of Gouloises (French cigarettes of the 1970's, using Turkish and Syrian tobacco), and I smoked a lot of them, the other dominant note was leather with a lower note of vegetal.

Light: Smoothly light, toasted the foot, then a single touch in the middle, easy draw, plenty of smoke, a creamy taste in the mouth.

1/3rd Leather comes to the fore, with a touch of sweetness cardamon or cinnamon, I couldn't decide which it was, but the sweet spice was a subtle under note, compared with the steady leather.
The ash was solid and held on for just under 2", (the burn was a neat even cone all the length of the cigar), the mouth was creamy leather all the way.

2/3rd Continued with leather, and the subtle sweetness of that unidentified spice, the draw opened a little into the middle 1/3rd, (to a very easy draw), with plenty of smooth smoke, still creamy leather in the mouth.
There was mostly mild - medium flavor with touches of medium flavors towards the end of the second 1/3rd, (IMO)!

3/3rd This has been a very even burn from beginning to end, even construction, even flavors, even smoke, and that creamy mouth stayed solid to the nub.

All in all a very pleasant smoke, not a complex blend of flavors, but the consistency from the mix, made for a cigar I could enjoy from morning till night, I did notice a touch of a buzz from the nicotine, but nothing that a drink of sweet tea didn't reduce.

The mouth on this smoke lasted a loooooooong time, 2 hours later and it's still creamy smooth with a touch of sweetness on the lips.

Prelight = 9
Light = 9
Construction = 9
Flavor = 9
Power = 6
Average of 8.4

I'll post pictures later, (as soon as I can shake my USB cable, out of which ever of my kids pockets, it's fallen in to)!

George Dennison Prentice

Last edited by Christofori; 09-04-2015 at 09:43 PM.
Christofori is offline   Reply With Quote