Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2011, 07:12 AM   #1
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

La Gloria Cubana Artesanos Retro Especiale Club

My latest order from JR included a surprise: a freebie! It was a sample of the latest offering from La Gloria Cubana: an Artesanos Retro Especiale Club. Called a Corona Grande, this vitola measures 5.75x47. Comparing it to the other sizes in the line, this was what I would have chosen.

I fired it up this morning. I didn't set out to do a formal review, so I didn't take notes, but I'll set this down while the impressions are fresh in my mind.

Beautifully constructed parejo with a slightly veiny colorado wrapper lightly sheened with oil. Firm and heavy in the hand, with no lumps or soft spots. Triple cap, clipped conservatively, perfect pre-light draw.

The first few draws were a little light in body, but once fully lit the cigar settled into a solid medium bodied smoke that produced dense clouds of smoke with slow, gentle draws. More complex than most La Glorias I've had in the past, with woody/earthy flavors and nuances of spice that came and went. Burn was perfect throughout,, requiring no touch-ups or re-lights.

The result was a solid hour-plus of enjoyment, accompanied by iced, fresh-roasted Brazil Bob O Link coffee and the morning paper. Very nice way to start the day.

Ernesto Perez Carillo and the folks at La Gloria have a true winner on their hands with this one. Gonna have to find room for a box...

Bottom line: Big name, great cigar.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote