Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2007, 11:17 AM   #1
norm

Camacho 3xMaduro Torpedo

Camacho Triple Maduro Torpedo (6 x 54 at foot???) @ $14.00
Wrapper/Binder/Filler All Maddie!!!

Appearance/Construction: Very Good Construction! Firm but not a rock. Very oily, and shiny. Very uniform in hue and tone. Very Camacho!
9.5/10

Cut/Pre-light: Cut was easy with my XiKar; Cut short and was enough...almost to easy, no wrapper problems. Pre-light draw was a little loose/too easy, good thing i didn't cut too much; Flavor was espresso and bitter/spicy cocoa.
8.5/10

Light/Smoke: Taking time with the light went flawless; for a serious maddie it lit fast and easy. The initial flavor was espresso and aroma was very pleasant, and stayed that way for a good while. I was a little disappointed thinking the cigar would stay 1-D but at the half way mark it took a sharp turn to bitter chocolate....very nice. The change also translated into a similar aroma and was commented on by others around. The flavor lasted till the end of the smoke.
8.5/10

Strength: I expected this cigar to kick me in the face like the original 11/18's(as i am a fan of) and other Camacho's, but i must be honest...it didn't. Contrary to the hype, i found this smoke to be a little weak. Smoke was thick and bellowing, but as nice as the flavor was it wasn't deep and chewy; like drinking coffee with too much water and not enough coffee...thin.
3.5/5

Overall: With the usual Camacho construction and appearance, and the not so usual Camacho kick, the Triple maduro was a good stick. As an all maduro, I expected at least a little liquorice flavor that never came. This was my first one of this kind and have 2 extras that will be smoked soon and will compare the results. I did like the cigar, and would smoke it early in the day without the fear that the mighty 11/18 gives me(i might pass out at the office!).
13/15

Total 43/50 B.

Norm
www.atasteoflaredo.com
My Gallery
norm is offline   Reply With Quote