Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2020, 07:38 AM   #6
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Damn Tommy, I didn't know or perhaps didn't recall that you had that condition. That really would adversely impact me since eating stuff is one of my few true pleasures anymore.

That said, I try to stay healthier now, the supply of single serving ice cream containers (AKA pint) is not often around. But the SU and I do keep what we call "Emergency Chokkit" around for times of need. Usually a dark variety in small servings (Kisses or Pnut M's) to take the edge off.

More recently CostCo had Biscotti's and Nutella available for delivery so open face chokkit sammies have become an evening fix.

We gotta have chokkit!

...oh, and there is the inventory of home baked cookies kept in the freezer for a treat that requires acknowledgement of weakness as well.

J.
You know me, Jeff, I often keep quiet about my own issues until I can't take it anymore. I was diagnosed in April of 2017. At that time K. and I were doing a lot of walking and such, so when it happened doc. put me on a really good medicine and I've been fine. Over the three years, I have lost about 20 pounds although I am not exercising or eating as well living with Mom.

The medicine called Janumet keeps my appetite well in check, I don't get ravenous unless my sugars drop, and I feel bad if I overeat. Otherwise, no worries. I appreciate you being concerned, especially after the ordeal you have endured.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote