Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Old 03-27-2002, 10:42 AM   #1
MetsFan
Herf God

I was flipping channels last night looking for something tolerable to have on and I came across a show called "Sessions at West 54th" on the Trio Network. We have digital cable (for the additional sports channels) and I didn't even know we got this channel.

I stopped because it was David Byrne interviewing John Hiatt. The show is mainly performers playing tunes in front of a small studio group. Hiatt rocked, to say the least.

Anyway, I got on the web to see what other guests have been on and it looks like a show I'll be watching more often. You can see the upcoming schedule at http://www.triotv.com/schedule/index...S+AT+WEST+54TH

Opening day approaches.
MetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 11:30 AM   #2
mannish
Herf God

it's been ALL reruns forever. I'll be glad when they have new episodes. The Willie Nelson is excellent, the Brian Selzter Orchestra, Lucinda Williams and many others. I watched it eveynight for awhile but now it's the same stuff. John Hiatt is also the host on some episodes. He hosted one season before or after Byrne I don't know
Old 03-27-2002, 11:31 AM   #3
mannish
Herf God

it's been ALL reruns forever. I'll be glad when they have new episodes. The Willie Nelson is excellent, the Brian Selzter Orchestra, Lucinda Williams and many others. I watched it eveynight for awhile but now it's the same stuff. John Hiatt is also the host on some episodes. He hosted one season before or after Byrne I don't know. I looked at the link same shows they been showing The Steve Earle/Mccoury is good and lawd have mercy Dana Krall moved me. Seems I repeated myself the John Prine episode is great

Edited by - mannish on 03/27/2002 12:32:16 PM
Old 03-27-2002, 01:17 PM   #4
Kristine
Club Member

Diana Krall is freakin' amazing. That voice ... talk about the "sound of sex." She's got it. I need to listen to her more ... maybe some of it will wear off on me!

"Baseball is almost the only orderly thing in a very unorderly world. If you get three strikes, even the best lawyer in the world can't get you off." ~Bill Veeck

Edited by - kristine on 03/27/2002 2:18:15 PM

"Leadership is a matter of having people look at you and gain confidence, seeing how you react. If you're in control, they're in control."
~ Tom Landry

Kristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 03:07 PM   #5
mannish
Herf God

That Diana is some kind of sexy. I love the tune "Peel Me A Grape" (I don't know who wrote it) but whew man 'the sound of sex' pretty much sums it up. I defintely think you need someone close when you listen to Diana.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:56 PM   #6
St. Alphonzo

I recall seeing a set with David Bryne
Emmy Lou Harris