Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2006, 10:14 AM   #1
duckman
Starting Member

Z-Plus Zippo gets a free ride through the washer and dryer

So this morning I go to put a pair of jeans on and notice my Zippo in the 5th pocket. It usually isn't anything abnormal because I'll keep it in the pocket and put the pair up on our dresser to wear the next day. However, this time the jeans had a "fresh out of the dryer" scent. Uhh ohh..I thought. Hoping I wasn't right I pulled out the insert and noticed it is a bit damp inside, but surprisingly still full of fluid.

I can't say it is completely my fault because I left my jeans up on our dresser, and not in the dirty clothes. Unfortunately my wife went on a laundry rampage this weekend. I keep telling her she needs to check the pockets of jeans before she throws them in the laundry. I feel it is the responsibility of the person doing the load to check the pockets for anything still in them. When I do laundry I'll check to make sure all pockets are clear before throwing them in the washer. I can't completely blame her because I left it in the jeans, but grr...

It'll light after a few trys but seems to be pretty clogged up. I haven't attempted to do anything to it because I had to head out this morning, but I'll have to search for the cleaning link and try a few of those. Hopefully a purge and refill will really do it good.

The main thing I'm glad about is there weren't any issues w/ the lighter going through the dryer.
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote