Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2007, 02:05 PM   #10
rdking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s
My walk-in is 8x8x10' and Bob recommended THIS ONE hooked to the habitat monitor when he found out that I was also planning on using a window A/C unit to cool the space. According to the Bemis specs it Humidifies 2500 sq. ft. and does not have to stay on long (1-2 min) to get the humidity up when the A/C is running . With the window unit taking out the heat AND humidity every time it kicked on I needed the bigger humidifier as well as a plumbed in feed to the house water line for an auto fill to keep the water reservoir filled (during the summer I was going through 10 gallons every 13 days). Since you are planning on building inside where you already have a hvac vent I do not think you will run into these issues but I do suggest that whatever you decide on you run it through the set and forget unit....Bob can even hardwire what you choose to connect with this. The auto fill is also nice as you will never have to fill up the reservoir again, just change out the wick.

I used 2 coats of an oil based primer on my Sheetrock as well as 2 coats of exterior grade latex paint and have not had any mold issues for the time it has been up, almost a year and a half now. A big part of this I think is the fact that it stays at 60-65 deg and no more than 65% humidity (more like 62%) Having said that if I had to do it all over again I would have used Hardy-plank board and not Sheetrock. It cuts and hangs like rock but is made from cement and does a much better job than rock, green rock,etc.

How were you planning differing the temp in the humi room with the rest of the houses temp?

Could you post or email some pics of your setup?

Thanks, Mark
rdking is offline   Reply With Quote